December 21, 2015

I'll Be Home for (Next) Christmas...

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" --2 Nephi 19:6

Highlights for 21/12/15:

Highlight #1: Miracles. This week has been a week of changes, amazing changes. Changes in me, changes in the work, changes definately for the better. As some may know I had been struggling some here in my area. But this week all that changed, maybe just an early little Christmas miracle. Me and my companion were able to have some great success this week. We found some really amazing families and had some great success. But all this led to my Highlight #2...

Highlight #2: More Miracles. "I have often said one of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work! If a missionary works, he will get the Spirit; if he gets the Spirit, he will teach by the Spirit; and if he teaches by the Spirit, he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy. There will be no homesickness. no worrying about families, for all time and talents and interests are centered on the work of the ministry. Work, work, work--there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work." (Pres. Ezra Taft Benson) I CAN TESTIFY THAT THIS STATEMENT IS SPOT ON! As you can see with Highlight #1, the success has begun...but my "more miracles" was finding more happiness this week than I have felt in a while. I am happier, healthier, and more positive :) LOVE LIFE!

Highlight #3: Christmas Activity. This week we had our Ward Christmas Party, and it was SICK! The Ward here has an amazing tradition, they have a Ward Talent Show and for the admission people bring things to donate for the second half of the Ward Christmas Party. The second half is then the following Sunday in the afternoon they make Christmas Gift Baskets for families in need in the ward boundaries. I know that they may not be able to get to EVERYBODY that needs or deserves a visit. But it is a pretty wicked awesome! But another wicked awesome thing that happened was WE (THE 4 ELDERS) did an act in the Talent Show...all I have to say is that we had a LOT of fun with it! :) As elders we had to fill our call and teach something so we focused on the definition of "talent" as in an act that is cool and a Bible era piece of money. IT WAS A BLAST!!! :)

I would like to end with the invitation and testimony Pres. Uchtdorf ended his Christmas Devotional talk this year. He said, "May we, this Christmas season, remember our generous Heavenly Father and give profound and heartfelt thanks to our Almighty God, who has given all of His children wings to fly. This is my humble and sincere prayer and my heartfelt blessing to all at this Christmas time and always..." MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I love you all! :)

With Love and Prayers,
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment