August 04, 2014

"Ingles Fast"

August 4, 2014
We have p-day tomorrow but we're going into town and the market so we have to write today...sorry. BUT, next week I have p-day and writing on Wed :)  And I'll send some pictures.

So this week has had a lot of ups and downs, but I'm still smiling and made it through it! :) Was sick again for a couple days....but feeling better now :) Also, this week we taught ALL of our lessons COMPLETELY in Spanish, that was hard....but I could tell afterwards that I'm starting (just starting) to get the language. Hopefully it's like a bell curve and I hit the sharp incline soon in my progression of learning Spanish...we'll see :)
 
My district decided to set some goals last Tuesday: to memorize the first vision and missionary objectives in Spanish and to spend all Thursday morning until lunch only speaking Spanish! It went really well and I learned a lot! Then our teacher on Friday, who didn't know about Thursday morning, challenged us all to do an "Ingles Fast" so then we spent 24 hours only in Spanish! THAT WAS SUPER HARD! I realized just how much language is a part of our lives and how frustrating it is to not be able to express one's self. But we made it through and I know that the Lord will bless us! :)

Story about the latinos (Central American missionaries)...A couple nights ago i was talking to one of the latinos and he was trying to pronounce my name, Elder Flake, he tried Fake, Flocká, and Fluke! Haha :) I finally pronounced it for him and he looked at me really confused, so I was like "Flake, as in like Cornflake or snowflake..." and ever since I've been Elder Cornflake!! :) haha :)

This week I've learned soooo much about myself and my learning/teaching style...it's been pretty cool!! :) Can't believe it's already been 2 weeks, but it's the Lords time and he knows how to best optimize it!! Keep smiling and being positive!!

D&C 68:6--"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
My CCM district

My CCM district gone crazy loco


No comments:

Post a Comment