March 07, 2016

The Week My Area was ALMOST closed

"God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as he does about where you are and with his help where you are willing to go." --Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Highlights for 7/3/16:

Highlight #1: Close My Area? I don't think so! Tuesday morning we received a call from the mission informing us that we were to pack our things for the coming change because they were going to close our area. So we began packing, saying goodbye to members and prepping the house for someone else to be able to rent. Then Friday morning, early, we received another phone call to inform us that Pres. had changed his mind and that our area was going to remain open. Man were the members happy :) As were we...then yesterday night we received another call. But I'll get to that in a second.

Highlight #2: The Spirit Guides. This week I had some amazing experiences with the Spirit guiding me in my studies to study, understand, and then apply in lessons the things I learned. It was amazing to see how exactly what I had studied that morning or in the last week answered the questions members, investigators, and even my companion had this week. It is amazing to see the Spirit work through me to the blessing of those around me. Now to look ahead to all that is still to come.

Highlight #3: Changes. The call...the call we received Sunday night was to inform me that I have been divinely selected to receive the blessing of changes. Yes it is a blessing, but I'm going to REALLY miss this area, the members, the investigators, my comp, everything. But, the Lord must need my talents and abilities more in a different area. So, here is to the adventures ahead (and trying to pack everything tonight...)!! :) Gotta love the mission!
Man, I will miss these guys!


He lives! I know it, they👆know it...and both testify concerning this knowledge. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had, and still have, to be a witness and specially called servant of Him. Here's to all that is to come!

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment