June 13, 2016

May Flowers Bring June Showers

Beautiful, wet Xela on our way back from Divisions...


"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord, Jesus Christ." --The Family: A Proclamation to the World

Highlight #1: Divisions. This week I got to do divisions with Elder Roca! Great guy! It's crazy to think that that was just under a year ago that I left Prado for Xeraxon with him. We had some great conversation, great citas, and a great time remembering experiences in Xeraxon and throughout our missions. Crazy to think that I was celebrating his 6 month mark when I was with him and now he's going on 18 months! That's crazy to me! For the divisions I went to Olinte with him and his comp came to Panorama with my comp. I always learn something new in each division, that's what makes them fun (other than mixing up your companion for a little bit, that's appreciated a veces). We went to an awesome part of his area...it's known as the city of white people (as in the residents there have colored eyes and different colored hair than the norm black eyed, black haired latinos). The city (if you call it that, it's more of a mountain village) is called San Carlos Sija.

Highlight #2: Sija. So for the last 23 months I've heard about this magical city in the backmountains of Xela called San Carlos Sija. Sometimes at night you can see the lights up there. I've always wanted to go, you know, just to visit and of course work there ;) :) Well, this week I finally got my chance. And can I just say, I LOVED IT! I realized that I am NOT a city guy...I love the aldea life :) But I guess that's part of the reason I was given the opportunity to learn to love city life for more than half my mission ;) I realized the effect open space, green space, and being in the medo medo mountains has on me. I just feel better just being present in that type of setting...now to be able to do the Lord's work there, that's just too great!!! :) So, I took some pictures to remember and I made a decision. If I ever move to Guate, I am definitely going to live in a city like Sija (hmmm, maybe that's why there are soo many "white" people there ;) jaja). So just to share, I love camping, I love backpacking, I love nature...going to have to keep that in mind when I get home :) More happiness in my life if I remember ;)
Beautiful Sija!



Highlight #3: Families. This week we were able to come in contact with some great complete families. They are soo great! I love each of them and am leaving all my heart, might, mind, and strength to help all those around me, but especially them, to come closer to their Savior. But not only come closer to Him, but make the necessary changes in their lives to receive eternal life in the presence of God with their families. It really hit me hard this week that this experience is coming to an end...don't know how I feel. All I can do now is leave this area in the best state I possibly can to set up success for the elders that come after me. Please pray for the families that we are find, and that we will continue to find, that they will allow the spirit to teach them, change them. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers :) I love this work! I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when I'm not 100% dedicated with all my heart, might, mind and strength to His work. It's going to be interesting...but that will come when it comes, and I'm living now! :)

Well I love you guys. Hope y'all have a great week and take advantage of every opportunity the Lord gives each of you to share His amazing, eternity-changing gospel. Keep up the great work!!! :) See you guys, WAY TOO, soon!

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake

PS Happy Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to my Dad and all them dads this week!

PPS Just so the title of the email makes sense...it has began to POUR here! And to make matters more interesting, my umbrella decided to break this week...so that's fun ;)
rain, rain, rain...
and mud :)
Still love a good ol' American burger and fries!


No comments:

Post a Comment