June 06, 2016

The Best for Last

Sorry if it's short today...we had our zone activity and it went REALLY long...sorry...but to that in a second.

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." --Pres Thomas S. Monson

Highlights for 6/6/16:

Highlight #1: Zone Activity. So today we had our zone activity for the change...I know, the FIRST week of the change...but maybe that was a good idea, to help make unity in the zone right from the start :) We decided to go to a field on the ranch of someone the zone leaders are teaching. We rented HUGE blowup balls and played a whole bunch of games with them. One was sharks and minnows, another was teams with each person having 2 lives (when you fall, you lose a life), and then a little bit of soccer with them :) It was fun!!!! We then had a member that is a pro chef come and make some bomb hamburgers! So all in all it was great!

Highlight #2: Elder Chudleigh. So this last week, as y'all know, were the changes. Well, there was a special case with one of the elders, and that is why we were in a trio for most of the week :) What happens is that Tue/Wed/Thu the outgoing group of missionaries have the final events of their missions and then on Thu go home...but if someone you love is going to pick you up from your mission USUALLY they come on one of those three days to pick you up. Well, this elder's family couldn't make it until Sat (due to his bro hs graduation and other conflicts). So he needed someone to care for him ( ;) jaja) until his family could make it. So after his three days with his outgoing group he joined my comp and I here in the area for some bomb "extra" days of missionary work! :) It was great having him here and hearing some of his mission stories, it really pumped me up and got me excited to work through to the very end because I know now what is waiting....and it is going to be EXCELLENTE! One of the cool things was walking him up to the mission office Sat to unite with his family after 2 YEARS...now with the possibility of getting sentimental, that was a precious moment (baggie in the moment, but) that really showed me that the end DOES come and when it comes that I want to have given my all. So I've still got LOTS to do!
Goodbye Elder Chudleigh
Highlight #3: NOT A HIGHLIGHT! Well, the Lord works in mysterious ways...and some of His ways leave us wondering WHY? or WHAT? But when we have confidence in Him He makes the situation into what He needs. So this week the mom of a family we are teaching received work....but in Guate...so she let us know that she will be in Guate now. Also she will be leaving her kids with her sister (still a little hope), so we asked if she gave permission for her children to continue attending. She expressed that her desire would be yes, but that she didn't think that it would happen because her sister is SUPER catholic and she doesn't think that her sister will let us teach, visit, or allow them to come to church. So the search continues. Please pray for us that we may find a complete family this week who have been prepared and will progress, and that I will be able to see them enter the waters of baptism before the end of the change. Thanks :)

"A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. The thoughts we think, the deeds we do, the lives we live not only influence the success of our earthly journey, they also mark the way to our eternal goals." --Pres Thomas S. Monson

I love you all! FOR REAL, I mean it! I love this work...and the days are making it hard for me. But I am committed 'till the very end. I'm "in it to win it" ;) jaja I know that this is the work of the Lord, He is at the helm, He directs, and He knows what he needs ME to do TODAY. A quote came to my mind this week (that I thought was pretty funny, but applied and is true...), "yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." (guesses to the source of my wonderful quote?) I am soo grateful for the experiences I am having, will have, and have had. I know that they have and will shape me into the son God needs me to be. I pray for your success and well-being. Keep up the great lives! ;)

With Love and Prayers,
Elder Flake

PS The quote is from Kung Fu Panda....if you were wondering.
Gotta love Guate life!




No comments:

Post a Comment