May 30, 2016

The Final Stretch, Let's Do This


La Patria A Tecun-Uman
"The Homeland of Teancum??"

"Challenges will come to you, but as you trust in God, they will strengthen your faith." -- Neil A Andersen

Highlights for 30/5/16:

Highlight #1: Cambios. Well, tomorrow are changes...once again. So last night the call came in to let us know that........neither of us have changes. A mexican is going to finish me off!! Then this morning we found out that we still have to go to changes...you may be asking why?? Well, because in the end we DO have changes. But I'm not going....and my comp isn't either....BUT we are going to be receiving a new companion. Yep, started my wonderful mission experience in a trio (the days with Elder Molina and Elder DeCamps) and going to end it in a trio....So wish me luck :) :) Here we come another 6 weeks here in Panorama! :)

Highlight #2: Family. So the family I talked about last week is PILUS! And the members have really rallied around us to help them...I think it just took a little push of faith to get this ward going :) We were able to have some very amazing experiences in lessons with them this week. And once again the sons came to church yesterday! :) If you could all keep this family in your prayers, that the mom will be able to find a stable job and that they will continue to progress, pray, read the Book of Mormon, and let the Lord work miracles in their lives...that would be very appreciated! :)

Highlight #3: Power. The power of General Conference. I have been having all sorts of crazy feelings this week (ending the mission, things in the area, things with my comp, etc). I was able to find help, not surprisingly, listening to the last General Conference. This week I would listen to a conference talk, then write in my journal, then get to bed. I found that the next day I felt better, woke up well, and had ganas to move forward in the area. I testify that the prophets' voices and messages aren't just given to be listened to once and YAH, we are to constantly be listening, reading, or watching the messages and instructions and applying them to our lives. If we will do these things we will see a change in our lives, more peace, calm, and security will accompany us.

I know that this is God's work, here on the earth, for the salvation of His children. I am soo glad to be able to be a part of it. The reality is setting in that these are my last, counted, days with a plaque and giving my all to this work. I hope to continue strong after the mission because I know that the Lord will continue to bless me and you to find, teach, and invite those around us to come unto Christ. I love y'all! Keep up the great work! :)

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake

PS This last week I finished 22 months since leaving home....CRAZY!
I walked a little too close to a wall...oops!
Sending a missionary off to Chile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment