May 09, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

"God could send angels to teach these people, but he chooses me instead..." --Thought from the CCM
Another new day in Guate! :)
Highlights for 9/5/16:

Highlight #1: Mother's Day. Well, as you all know...yesterday was Mother's Day. Some may be saying, yeah, okay?? But Mother's Day is one of those special days in the life of a missionary and their families. It is one of the two approved calls home...and this one was even more special for me because it's my last. May I just say, communication with my family was something that I took for granted before my mission. And now have found the joy, peace, and encouragement that comes from talking to one's family. I LOVE MY FAMILY! We had a great conversation and even my companion noticed a difference after I talked to the fam. I was getting down and having a tough time coming to terms with some things going on in the mission. But now I'm doing great! :) :)

Got to Skype my family for Mother's Day!!!
Highlight #2: Divisions. This week I got to go on a division with Elder Roca. May I just say that it pumped me up as well. We had some great conversation, and great success. It felt great to be able to spend some time with one of my best friends. He helped me a lot, helped me to keep the vision lifted on the future, and work hard to the end! He's awesome! Great guy!

One of my fave friends :)
"Please don’t nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. Do not set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know how, and the Lord will accept your effort.”—President Gordon B. Hinckley, “Rise to the Stature of the Divine within You”

I love you all, keep workin' till the very end! I am so glad for this wonderful gospel and the joy and peace I get to see enter the lives of those that allow me (or one of the other 80,000 full-time missionaries around the world) to have a short conversation with them about our eternity-changing message. If you haven't talked to a missionary yet, visit mormon.org and ask for some to come visit you. You wont regret it! :)

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment