February 16, 2015

I'm moving!

Well, another week come and gone....and some big changes and highlights this week! :) Entonces, to the highlights!!!

Highlights for 16/02/15:

Highlight #1: Sayin' goodbye to some awesome missionaries. They finished their missions this change and are heading home tomorrow...It's crazy!!! So, said some goodbyes this week, but they were more focused on being home....go figure ;)

District celebration! It was one Elder's birthday, a couple of Elders have finished their missions and are headed home, and some of us are reassigned to new areas.
My comp and I surprised the group with tres leches!

YUMMY!!!! (and no, we didn't make it, we bought it like this!!)

Love these guys!
Highlight #2: A bolo lost his folleto, but it led to a new investigator. A folleto is a pamphlet we carry about different gospel topics. So we were walking down the street this week and a bolo (like usual) stopped us and asked us for money (which we can't give them) but instead we offered him a folleto which he took. Later that day we were passing centro and saw a gentleman we had never talked to reading one of our folletos. So we went and talked to him. He said that a bolo had left it on the bench and he had started reading it. This led to about a 30 min lesson right there in centro about the Plan of Salvation because he had a lot of questions concerning the Plan of Salvation (i.e. where we are going when we die, does hell exist, etc). So a bolo led us, kind of, to a new investigator. Haha :)

Highlight #3: Spanish Language Test. So, I can't believe it, but it has been 3 months already since the last test meaning we had the opportunity to take it again! :) It went all right.  I realized that I definately have a lot still to learn, but that I have come a ways since the last test :) So progress :) :)

Highlight #4: I HAVE CHANGES!!!!!!! |Ya me voy manaƱa! After a wonderful (almost) 6 months in this area I received the call last night that it's time to pack my bags to go to a new assignment...Lots of mixed feelings about it, but I know that I am going to be exactly where I am supposed to be and where the Lord needs me! :) Sad to be leaving my guate family here, but looking forward to all the new people I'll get to meet :) I'll have to let you know next week where I'm at, but just know that 8:30 tomorrow morning I'll be on my way to my new area :) My current comp will stay here...

Well, that's enough excitement for one email. Don't you think? ;) I have so many emotions going through my head right now, but ultimately excited for what the Lord has in store for me :) (honestly a little nervous about my new comp--hoping he is awesome like all of my comps so far) Well, this truly is the work of the Lord and only He knows exactly where I need to be and who needs me there. Also, only He knows where I need to be to become the son of God God needs me to be. I love you all and hope you are all well!! :) I pray for you each every night and for you all to have much success in your lives! :) Until next week, from who (He) knows where ;)

With love and well wishes,
Elder Flake

Goodbye to my awesome friend...

...and awesome comp...

...and these awesome families!!!

God be with you till we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment