February 02, 2015

I got what the mission had...

Well, this week was super mundain and a lot of the same. So really I´ve only got one long "Highlight" if you call it that...Thankfully it´s seems to be all good now :) :)

So....

Highlight (Not Really) #1: I Got What The Mission Has. This was what I was told when I called the nurses on Wed morning after a pitiful morning. So to explain, on Tue I had a little sore throat, didn't think much of it...until...I woke up Wed morning with a super sore throat and as the morning progressed the onset of a headache came as well as the loss of my voice. So we came back to the apartment and called the nurses to find out what to do. That is when I was told that I had what the mission has right now and that all I could do was rest, drink a lot of water, and call them again if it didn't get better. So off to bed I went...the next day when I woke up I felt about the same but my throat was swollen (externally) so we called the nurses and they set up a doctor's appointment for Fri and told me to continue resting (even if I wanted to I don't think I would have been much help because my voice was completely gone). Well, Fri we got up and were getting ready to head to the doctor (in Huehue) when we got a call from the Zone Leader telling us we couldn't travel because of demonstrations in Huehue...so we called the nurses and they cancelled the appointment and got me on some pills from a local pharmacy, and off to bed again :P So started taking the meds and then called them on Sat (as they had requested) and they intructed me to rest for the weekend and let them know today how I felt. So I continued to rest and take the pills...and it seems that it worked!! :) Didn't wake up this morning with pain :) And the swelling has stopped and gone down. So no worries, doing well now :) Just hoping I never have to have that again. Looking back I literally do think that I had EVERYTHING the mission has right now (sore throat, earache, intense headaches, body fatigue and chills) all at once. Hopefully this means that I now have antibodies for anything and everything I could possibly have to deal with for the next 18 months ;) :) But this experience caused us to have to spend days without leaving the house...I never want that to happen again!!

A couple side notes: at least one person in each companionship in the zone was sick this week...so we were all calling and checking up to see how everyone was doing. I was talking to Elder McVey and expaining how much I just wanted to get out and talk to SOMEBODY and I thought his response was funny, though accurate...he said "Elder Flake, you CAN NOT go out, rest!, if you go out you could kill somebody! You are a strong gringo who can take this, but those little chapins would probably die if they got what you have...¨ (not that the possibility of someone dying is funny, just the commentary) so I stayed in. Thankfully it seems everyone is on the uphill right now and doing a lot better :) :)

Sorry that I don´t have more highlights for you this week, but gotta tell it like it is ;) :) One blessing (if you call it that) of having to stay in was I got some really good study in. I was studying about gifts of the spirit, how you recognize them, how you can aquire more, etc. It´s pretty interesting,  I would suggest sometime each of you guys (if you want) look into it a little bit, because we all have our unique gifts :) On a funnier (yet serious) note, I found an interesting scripture in Doctrine and Covenants, Section 84, it says
"Whoso receiveth you receiveth me; and the same will feed you, and clothe you, and give you money.
And he who feeds you, or clothes you, or gives you money, shall in nowise lose his reward.
And he that doeth not these things is not my disciple; by this you may know my disciples."
Well, I guess that´s one way of putting it ;) Haha :) I just found it a little funny...but it´s true!

Well, hope you all are doing well and had and will have a great week!! :) I know that this is the work of God among His children. I know I say that every week, but each week I learn more and more how true that statement is, so I continue sharing it. I know that He does not send us anywhere or set us up to fail, it may not be easy, but where would be the fun without the effort. I love you all and am soo greatful for each of you and your unique talents. Develop them, use them, share them :)

Te Amo,
Elder Flake

Roasting marshmallows because
"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy marshmallows, which are kinda the same thing"  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment