June 15, 2015

Seeing more of Guate

Querido Familia y Amigos,

Solo quiero decir hola y ¿que honda? :) OH, sorry...I didnt realize I was writing in Spanish. My bad....haha ;) :) But for real, just wanted to say hi and ¿what's happenin? Not really, I do have highlights to share....so here we go :) :)

Highlights for 15/6/15:

Highlight #1: Divisions. So this week we had divisions with our District Leader. But this time was different from the other two because I didn't stay in my area :) I went to Salcaja with my District Leader's companion :) What a blast it was!!! Their area is A LOT bigger than my area, but I guess that's not too hard to do...haha :) It was soo much fun to be somewhere different and get to meet even more of the amazing members here in Guate! :)  OH!!! Fun experience from the division...I saw a bus from San Bar on its way to Xela and the attendant and bus driver recognized me and honked at me as they passed :) I know they weren't just honking because the attendant waved at me with a big smile as they went by :) Cool huh? :)
Beautiful Saljaca...

















Highlight #2: License Plates. Yes, that says license plates! :) So one day we contacted a father and son. Their front door was open and out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked to be license plates on their wall. HOW WEIRD!?! And they actually turned out to be license plates!! How crazy is that?!? Coming across license plates from the states?!? So I had to take some pictures....enjoy :)
















Highlight #3: Food. So for the weekly food highlight I have a shout-out to my Dad!!! He loves his barbecue sauce, but not just ANY barbecue sauce, only the best, Sweet Baby Ray's. Well, while on the division I happened to glance into one of the cupboards and guess what I saw for the first time EVER in Guate....YEP, a FULL bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. You betcha I pulled my camera out pretty quick (and with permission) took a picture of sauce. Love ya Dad! :) :)

Well, there's a little taste of my week :) Other things that happened were: a lot of the same from every week; we began teaching the family of a recent convert (from May); one of our most pilus investigators came to church yesterday with his family-in-law and wants to be baptized this Sat!! So we are doing pretty well here in the meadow...dare I say it, flowers are blooming here in the meadow ;) Okay, sorry, cheesy...haha :) I love this work! Yeah, it's trying at times, but also very rewarding :) I love my Savior Jesus Christ and am so grateful for this opportunity to represent Him here, now. I know that this is the work of Him and that He directs us every day. I know that this church is truly the church of Jesus Christ, that He personally established through modern prophets and apostles. And I KNOW that we still have prophets and apostles today, who, under the direction of Christ himself, guide and direct us, warn and protect us today. Like it says from this week's lesson from Teachings of the Prophets: Ezra Taft Benson: "The most important prophet, so far as we are concerned, is the one who is living in our day and age. This is the prophet who has today’s instructions from God to us. God’s revelation to Adam did not instruct Noah how to build the ark. Every generation has need of the ancient scripture, plus the current scripture from the living prophet. Therefore, the most crucial reading and pondering that you should do is of the latest inspired words from the Lord’s mouthpiece. That is why it is essential that you have access to and carefully read his words."

I love you all and hope life is treating you all well!! :) Keep on serving and smiling every day!

With love and prayers, from a less rainy week in Guate,
Elder Flake


No comments:

Post a Comment