August 10, 2015

Another Transfer ("Change")

Well, as you all know...it's pday. And that means, usually ;), that you all will have an email from a very special someone in Guate in your inbox. I think that the only reason they make us do this is so that you all know we are still alive and so that we can have a little bit of tech time ;) Haha :) Just kidding! I LOVE WRITING HOME! :) Well, to the highlights?

Highlights for 10/8/15:

Highlight #1: Changes. Well, my awesome comp changed to a new area and we parted ways on Tuesday. We were both pretty sad to part ways and not be companions for this change...but maybe later on (we can hope at least). So as the changes work, they call on Sunday night and let everyone who has changes know they need to be in Xela for changes. But no other information. So we head to changes and everyone that has changes then found out who their new comps and areas are and off we go to our areas! I came back to my same area, but I have a new companion. He is from Yucatan, Mexico! It is super different being with a new comp...I don't know why this time it has felt so weird and different (because I have had a new comp every change except my training, and I actually like it a lot except when I have to say goodbye to a super awesome comp).

Highlight #2: So as you all know me and my awesome comp were covering 2 areas the past 6 weeks. Well, with the changes last week they put another set of elders here again to cover the 2nd area. I am super excited to have more elders back! But then....guess who has been assigned to the 2nd area?!?!?!? Yep, none other than my awesome, now "former" comp, and guatemalatecan brotha!! So we still get to see each other once or twice a week for different reunions!! :) Super excited!

Highlight #3: Realization. This week I have done a lot of thinking about something I read from LDS.org about a new "My Plan" for return missionaries to help them for the rest of their lives. There is a quote in the article that goes something like, we need to change the focus of what a mission is, "a mission is the MTC for the rest of the missionary's life." WOW! I have really been thinking about that this week! What am I learning today, yesterday, and everyday for the last 13 months that has shaped and changed me...then thinking about how or what I need to do to not fall into old habits and keep these changes as part of me for the rest of my life. It has been pretty enlightening and very poignant, as well as soul searching, for me. And then I think about what is to come in the next 11 months that I just can't fathom now...I'm excited :) (I think) ;)

Well, once again another week of learning and growing has come and gone...and I'm writing yet another email home...I only have a very limited number of these left...AHH! I know that this is the work of the Lord. He directs and protects us in this His work. He is working right along side us each and every day! There is really nothing in this world that could replace the experiences and lessons that are had on a mission for the Lord. I love and pray for you each, I hope you can feel the love and the prayers :)

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment