August 17, 2015

How many Elders can fit in 1 tuc tuc?

Well, another semana has come and gone and the work has continued to progress here :) But to the highlights for the week...

Highlights for 17/8/15:

Highlight #1: So last week I forgot to include one of the best highlights...so I am going to include it here :) The members of the congregation here had a luncheon with the couple (who got married and baptized on the same day) to celebrate their marriage. It was a lot of fun! :) We cooked spagetti, sauce, brocolli, and had horchata! :) OH, and OF COURSE cake! :) I have just got to say, they are some of the cutest (if not THE cutest) people!!!! :) It is so true! But yeah, that happened a couple weekends ago...sorry to forget...

Highlight #2: Conozca a los Mormones. Well, the brand new (kind of) movie from the church has now premiered here! We had a super fun activity on Thursday night! We showed the movie "Meet the Mormons," but with 3 weeks of planning and preparations :) :) We had given each member family 5 invitations for the movie to give to family, friends, neighbors, the guy they meet in the street, and everybody else... :) So, we combined the two wards that make up this area for the activity. It was a success!! :) The members, menos activos, and investigators that came really enjoyed the movie! SUCCESS! :) So that was a lot of fun, and we received some good references of families to visit and teach now! (Maybe the best news of it all ;) )

About the movie "Meet the Mormons"

Preview to the movie "Meet the Mormons"

Highlight #3: District Activity. Well, today we had our district activity for the change :) It was a blast! We met here to play some futbol, baloncesto, and unite our district :) Then we went to a super good restaurant here, that I am definitely putting on the list of possible places to eat when you guys come visit! :) Lots of fun experiences, one example...think canvas-covered golf cart...now, this is called a tuc tuc...there is a seat in back that usually seats 3 and then 1 or 2 can sit in front with the driver...well we were 6 elders and wanted to travel together...so what did we do? We just all climbed in! ;) :) The driver told us that was the most people that has ever been in his tuc tuc at one time! It was a blast! :)
How many Elders can you cram in one tuc tuc?? :)

Well, shout out to all my friends and family who will be starting school end of this month! ENJOY! :) I'll be there next year ;) haha! :) But honestly, there is no better place that I could be right now than here in Guatemala in a white shirt, tie, and slacks with a plaque at this point in my life! I have changed, for the better, sooo much in the last 13 months and come to truly know my Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ better and more personally. I have seen the hand of God work miracles and have had the privilege of participating in the promises of the Lord when he said, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." The field truly is white, already to harvest, but only those that thrust in their sickle with all their might can ever imagine to be a part of this the great work on earth! I love my Savior and Older Brother. I am truly in His service, but in reality He continues to serve me. I am so grateful for the many opportunities I have as a missionary to see the light of Christ awaken in others and see them completely change their lives to follow more perfectly their Savior and the plan of our Heavenly Father. I know that we are all brothers and sisters, and that because of this I can not and WILL NOT let any one of my brothers or sisters go without having the opportunity to follow Christ...and I feel, even if it is only a small, minuscule part, of the sadness our Heavenly Father feels when one of his children, one of my brothers or sisters, rejects him and the many blessings He has prepared for them if they will but seek Him. I know that Christ LIVES! I know that someday in the near future, but how near nobody knows, He will come again! What a marvelous and wonderful day that will be....if we are prepared! :) I love you all and hope you see and recognize the hand of God in YOUR life this week, and every week.

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake
Super excited to celebrate my birthday with this package! Thank you grandma and grandpa!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment