November 23, 2015

A Hastened Work

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God." --Moroni 10:32

To the Highlights!

Highlights for 23/11/15:

Highlight #1: Fecha. This week we were blessed to be able to put a baptismal date with one of our new investigators. The work is picking up! We were also able to visit with many of our investigators and many are now progressing. It was a good week on that front :) I'm just looking forward to another week and seeing more of my brothers and sisters (Guatemaltecans) come closer to their/our Heavenly Father. The work is moving forward.

Highlight #2: Food. Well, this week's food highlight was the day we ate Italian food with one of the members! But, OBVIOUSLY, the highlight about food for this week is too big to just be mentioned once (next week)--we will be having a THANKSGIVING DINNER IN GUATE!!!! It is going to be such a blast!!! :) SO! FELIZ DIA DE ACTION DE GRACIAS=HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Highlight #3: Miracles. This week has been a week of chance coincidences or better said, a week of miracles. First, for the first time this change somebody accepted a baptismal date....and (for the missionaries that read this, because they will understand why that's a big deal) she accepted in the first lesson. Then also throughout the week other things occurred as well. These included being able to leave for visits with a recently returned missionary. Also yesterday, we had an appointment with a new investigator that fell through, but he just happens to live next door to one of our investigators we weren't able to visit this week because he was soo busy...but just as we were leaving this other investigator walked out of his house, saw us, and called us over. I have NO idea way he happened to poke is head out just as we were passing by, but needless to say...we were able to have a GREAT appointment with him and his family. And better yet, he should be coming to church next Sunday with his entire family!!! Woohoo! The Lord deserves our best, and when we give our best (diligently) the blessings flow...I've seen it happen this week!

These experiences as well as others have caused me to really realize and recognize the hand of the Lord in His work and my life specifically. He knows exactly what I need to become the man and son of God that He knows and needs me to be. I know that He has prepared experiences during my mission exactly intended for me. Prepared people, experiences, and events that He knew would help shape and better me. This work is soo amazing! :) I love my Savior and brother Jesus Christ and know that this is His work. I know that He has a hand in my life and the lives of those I interact with (including you guys'). I know that some day I will kneel at His feet and thank him for this experience and the love and mercy He shows me. This gospel is so amazing and perfect and I know that it is only through living by its teachings with sincere hearts and real intent, following the spirit and letter of the law, that we can and will become like God. I know that this is His church and that He is at its head guiding and directing. I love you all and more importantly He loves you, eternally. Have confidence and faith in Him, I know that life will not always be easy and sometimes bad things happen, but He knows what will make you celestial and like Him. Trust in Him, Have faith in Him.

WIth love and prayers,
Elder Flake

PS. 16 months ago left the frozen north for the land of eternal spring! Was it really that long ago?!?!? WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment