November 30, 2015

So Thankful


"Therefore they did watch over their people, and did nourish them with things pertaining to righteousness." --Mosiah 23:18

Highlights for 30/11/15:

Highlight #1: Thanksgiving. Well, as you all know...this week was Thanksgiving. And may I just say...a Thanksgiving we did have! A member here in the ward about a month ago asked us each to ask our families for a family Thanksgiving recipe....and then she prepared them! WHAT AN AMAZING ACT OF SERVICE!!! We had everything! Turkey! Mashed Potatoes AND GRAVY! Stuffing! Punch! AND?? PUMPKIN PIE!!!! :) It was soooooooooooo good! Now, I have to just say Grandma's Thanksgivings still have first place....but this Hermana has the first place, top rate Thanksgiving Dinner in all of Guate!! I was very THANKFUL this Thanksgiving and had/have LOTS to be thankful for!!!! :) Hope your Thanksgivings went well too :) :)


























Highlight #2: Missionary Activity. This week we had a super successful activity!!! :) Between the two companionships we have about 50, yes FIFTY, potentially (as in super close) progressing investigators...and they all live pretty close together. So we planned an activity at a members house in their neighborhood to get them all together, with some members, to make some friends and to start progressing :) :) For the activity we played the movie Meet the Mormons and had some pretty great refreshments!! (What's an LDS activity without some good refreshments? ;)) And it went off as a huge success! One of our investigators that hasn't been able to come to church, or hasn't felt the need, came to the activity and then yesterday called us in the morning to make sure they knew the correct hour for church!!!! Successful missionary feelings for sure in that moment!! :) :)
fun missionary activity watching Meet the Mormons together


Highlight #3: Speaking of/(in) Church. So this week my comp and I got a call from the ward secretary...which really isn't that abnormal, until he said "Bishop asked me to call you guys for a favor"...still not too abnormal...."will you and your comp be willing to speak this Sunday in church about missionary work?....um, Sure." So my companion and I had the privilege of speaking in church. It went well, and many of the members told me that they learned a lot from my talk...now to see if they APPLY my talk...we'll see ;) :) But speaking in church is NO PROBLEM any more...before yeah, butterflies and all...but now it's super normal and easy :) :) And I actually enjoyed it :)

Highlight #4: Food. OBVIOUSLY this week's food highlight is super american...Thanksgiving. But just to add something else, this week we had the opportunity to try tripas. If you have now looked it up you know, yes, tripas is intestines stuffed with meat. That actually weren't that bad...honest ;) Another food to add to the list of "fun" mission foods... ;) :) haha :)

I know that God is aware of me and my needs, as well as how far he can stretch me without breaking me but to shape me. I know that He is and has protected me. This week I am soo greatful to a loving Heavenly Father for SOOO MANY THINGS. For EVERYTHING. He has literally given me everything. This week was a bit tough, but I'm better for it :) I can't believe that it has already almost been 6 weeks since I left the men in skirts for the "big" city. But, changes are coming this week...guess we'll see what He's got in store for me :) I know that this is His work. I know that He called and calls prophets today and, through His prophet Joseph Smith, He restored His church. (That means placed His church once again on earth...it existed when He lived on earth, then was lost for a LONG time, and then He placed it once again on earth because He loves you...and me). I love you all and hope you guys are getting in the Christmas spirit! LOVE YA!

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake

P.S. Watch A Savior is Born and discover why we need a Savior. I love Christmas!
"More than 2,000 years ago, God sent Jesus Christ to be our Savior. Jesus Christ was born to save us from our sins, born so we can be born again and return to live with God someday. Let us rejoice greatly this Christmas season, for unto all of us #ASaviorIsBorn."


No comments:

Post a Comment