October 26, 2015

It's That Time Again

On a path we take every day. Here is a chilacayote. It is a squash, not a melon. Mmmm...
Time flies like an arrow...who made up that statement? Because what happens when the velocity of the arrow begins to slow? Time will slow? ;) Alright, enough rambling...TO THE HIGHLIGHTS! :)

Highlights for 26/10/15:

Highlight #1: Food. Well, my food highlight for the week ain't much of a highlight...but have to include my highlight about food to continue the tradition, or no? Well, this week I ate A LOT of chicken, beans, rice, and TORTILLAS. Oh, fun story...so last Sunday (not yesterday, the one before) we were leaving a cita when a VERY drunk member started talking to us. So we talked to him, trying to get him to go home....Well to make a long story short, he did finally let us take him back to his house...well, while there he started talking about the States (like EVERY bolo (bolo=drunk person in Guate)) and telling us about how he knows how to cook really good chicken dishes. So we talked about that for a little bit (5 min) and then started for the door...and THIS is when he invited us to lunch this past week. So SWEET, we have a lunch cita with a bolo...HAHA. So the morning of the "cita" we called his wife to see if the invitation was still valid or not, and/or if her husband had told her that he had invited us to lunch. Long story short, we got lunch and had a great conversation with the wife and her sober husband :) So all ended well :)

Highlight #2: Families. Well, I will be leaving this area A LOT better than I found it :) So I'm glad that I can do that :) We have been working really hard with the members here the last couple weeks and have seen many miracles and blessings from our efforts. This week we were able to visit some AMAZING families and friends of members. NEVER, EVER underestimate the power of the guidance of the Spirit. Almost every single one of the members we visited at first kept telling us that none of their friends, family, or neighbors want visits from the missionaries...but after some explaning and encouragement they consented to accompany us to visit someone, and every single one of the people we visited this week let us in, listened, and accepted a return appointment. NEVER underestimate the power of YOUR testimony and NEVER underestimate the impressions of the spirit. If the spirit indicates you need to talk to someone about the church, or visit one of your friends to give support, or any other impression...FOLLOW IT! You won't regret it! :) It is amazing to see just how much more EFFECTIVE missionary work becomes when members and missionaries work together to move the Lord's work along. He is accelerating His work, are you keeping up or falling behind? We have all been blessed with talents and strengths, but we were not given them to just sit around and waste them, they have been given to us to use in His service, to lift, to encourage, to invite, and to progress.

Highlight #3: Cambios. Well, as the title indicated, IT'S THAT TIME ONCE AGAIN! Yep, CAMBIOS! And drum roll please.....I'VE GOT CHANGES!!! So early tomorrow morning with all my things I'm leaving this area for (who knows where...). Am I sad? A little. Am I excited? Yeah. Am I nervous? A little. But hey! I'm on the Lord's errand and He needs me somewhere else :) :) So to recap: Areas: 3, Companions: 9, Months in the Mission: 15....So here we go for area #4 and companion #10 (unless I am assigned with one of my previous companions...very rare, but possible :) Well, there ya have it! The life of a missionary, one day in one area, the next day to never return...but what a life! :) Think about it, what other time in my life is my housing, work, food, and friends going to be pre-organized for me? I can't think of ANY OTHER time! So I'd better enjoy it while I can, right? ;) :)
Two of my favorite people in the world! Goodbye for now...I will miss them!
(They make me look like a GIANT!! haha)

Well, once again another week of learning and growing has come and gone...and I'm writing yet another email home...I only have a very limited number of these left...AHH! I know that this is the work of the Lord. He directs and protects us in this His work. He is working right along side us each and every day! There is really nothing in this world that could replace the experiences and lessons that are had on a mission for the Lord. I love and pray for you each, I hope you can feel the love and the prayers :) Peace out till next week when I will write yet again from ????! Ain't it exciting?!?! ;) :)

With love and prayers,
Elder Flake
We were invited to eat with a marriage party at the church.
Here we are eating a typical plate of food here in Guate:
chicken, rice, a tomato sauce, and a fruit drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment